You might wonder if something is just a new trend or is it something you just didn’t know about and now that you are searching for it, it just seems so obvious. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years, they are not new in any way, but I am seeing an increase in their use and benefits online. The reduction of toxins in our lives is becoming more prominent, if you could use something natural to do the same action, would you still use something made in a lab? In this article, you can find the most common essential oils and their uses.
Why only these 4 essential oils?
I am a believer that you should go easy when starting something new. There are over 90 plus types of essential oils, all can be mixed to create something you need. By starting simple with only these 4 essential oils, you can ensure that you will use them to the best of your ability and not feel overwhelmed.
Over time, as you learn more and more and become accustom to each benefit, you will add more to your list. With these 4 simple oils, you can create almost anything you need to start a toxin-free life. All of them can be used in diffusers, cleaning products, body creams, etc.
Tips to know if your essential oil is pure
Like anything else, there is quality in the oil you will purchase, not to mention some companies are better than others. There are multiple ways to extract the oil and the quality of the plant it came from, just like if you eat fruits and vegetables. Before going on a search on Google, do some research about the company you will buy the oil from.
By simply dropping a few drops of oil on a piece of paper, you can determine if the quality of the oil is pure. If it is, the oil will evaporate quickly and will not leave any stain on your white piece of paper. This tip will not work for every oil, since some do have colours to them, but it’s a start.
What are Carrier oils
When using essential oils, due to the potency it is best to avoid using directly on the skin. Most skincare products will be mix with oil.
For example, you can mix some of your oil with:
- coconut oil
- jojoba oil
- apricot kernel oil
- sweet almond oil
- olive oil
- argan oil
- rosehip oil
- black seed oil
- grape seed oil
- avocado oil
- sunflower oil
You can find further details from this article from Heathline below.
How to use carrier oil
- 2.5 percent dilution: 15 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
- 3 percent dilution: 20 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
- 5 percent dilution: 30 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
- 10 percent dilution: 60 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
- 0.5 to 1 percent dilution: 3 to 6 drops essential oil per 6 teaspoons carrier oil
List of essential oils and their uses
Most common benefits when using lavender oil:
- Calming effect
- Reduce stress
- Help balance hormones
- Reduce tension
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Promote sleep
- Provide relief to minor burns and cuts
- Reduce bacteria
- Reduce symptoms of aging skin and acne
- Best to avoid during pregnancy
- Avoid using with drowsiness medication or anesthesia
- Use a few drops on your pillow at night to promote sleep
- Mix with oil, reduce symptoms of swelling from bug bites
- Add a few drops to your bath
- Mix with water in a spray bottle for easy room spray
- Do not ingest
Most common benefits when using lemon oil:
- Promotes cleansing air
- Boost enegergy
- Improve metabolism
- Enhance mood
- Powerful disenfinctant
- Restore aging skin
- Reduce symptoms of fever and flu
- Clear nasal passage
- Eliminate toxins in the air
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Do not ingest
- Avoid when pregnant or nursing
- Avoid sun exposure before or after using on your skin
- Avoid of sensitive skin
- Best used in toxin-free cleaning product
- Better used with oil for your skin
Most common benefits when using tea tree oil :
- Powerful antiseptic
- Stimulate immune system
- Eliminate bacteria and viruses
- Reduce fungi
- Use to treat wounds
- Relief acne-prone skin
- Reduces aches and pains
- Promote calm and reduce stress
- Reduce skin issues, minor burns, cuts, sores and bites
- Avoid using on your skin before or after sun exposure
- Never to be apply directly on sensitive skin
- Best used in cleaning products to reduce bacteria
- Use a few drops on your pillow to promote sleep
- Can be used with steaming water to reduce sinus infection and congestion
- Used in a spray with lemon to reduce odors
Most common benefits when using orange oil :
- Enhance immune system
- Help reduce acne
- Reduce chronic stress
- Promote cheerful and uplifting brain chemistry
- Reduce heart rate
- Promote skin clarity, for example reduce eczema
- Increase blood flow
- Reduce abdominal pain
- Reduce symptoms of low libido
- Best used in a diffuser or air spray when experiencing symptoms of anxiety and stress
- Used in massage oil to increase blood flow and reduce body pain
- Best used in natural cleaning product
Easy Recipe for your home
Imagine if you could make all your household products with these 4 essential oils above. The crazy thing is that you can, you don’t need fancy equipment and products to ensure your home remains clean. The purpose cleaner below can be used for everything, from kitchen to bathroom. The limit is your imagination.
All Purpose Cleaner
- 15 drops of lemon
- 15 drops of tea tree
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 1/2 warm water
If you are ready to learn more about holistic health and the best ways to include it into your life, don’t miss this article here.
Aromatherapy has been used for thousands of year, a toxin-free life has been on the rise. You might believe or not that essential oils can reduce stress and promote a healthier lifestyle, but why not giving it a try.
By starting simple, you can see if this practice is even for you, it’s best to learn with these easy essential oils and their uses.
If you are ready to live a stress free life and become the person you want to be, book a free consultation with me.